Implant-retained dentures are removable dentures that are held in place by dental implants. Typically, 2 or 4 implants are needed to stabilize and retain a denture. For patients with an uncomfortable or loose-fitting denture, stabilizing it with implants can be more comfortable, functional and cost-effective when compared with non-removable solutions such as All-on-4™ solution.
Implants are placed in the jaw, where they are anchored firmly in the surrounding bone. Attachments are placed in the underside of the denture that connect to the implants. When placed in the mouth, the denture snaps onto the implants, keeping it stable and secure.
What are the beneﬁts of dentures retained by implants?
- People who opt for implant-retained dentures are more confident when they talk, laugh, and eat in public. You'll never have to worry about your false teeth slipping or falling out while you eat or are engaged in conversation.
- Implant-retained dentures are far more comfortable because they are more secure and feel more like natural teeth. There is also less irritation of gum tissue; patients who have conventional dentures often suffer pain and sores caused by the loose denture abrading the gum tissue.
- Wearing implantretained dentures can also help your appearance in the long term by preventing jaw shrinkage and bone loss.
- Implant-retained dentures can be more cost-effective when compared with non-removable solutions such as All-on-4™
- Best of all, with implant-retained dentures, there is no need to use denture adhesives.